Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Soaping With Stress Fractures

A couple of months ago I learned that the pain in my left knee was the result of a stress fracture. The doctor prescribed a device called a knee imobilzer (the medical equivalent of the world's tightest corset, but for your leg) for four weeks and have been on crutches for eight weeks. I learned fairly early that while I may be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, carrying anything (i.e. my soapmaking equipment) while walking with crutches is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Yesterday I learned I'm going to be on crutches for another three months. Of course there are far worse things in life than not being able to make soap, but it got me thinking. There must be other soapmakers out there with disabilities. How do they work around them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Scent Lady. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino