To work around her travel dates and holidays, Kelly from Southern Soapers has realigned the online soapmaking class schedule.
Here is the sign up poll:
Adjusting the poll clears the votes/sign ups so you will need to re sign up. Here is an overview of the class dates and subject matter:
* May 23/24 - Basic Cold Process 101 - covers safety, manufacturing basics, how to manually calculate lye as well as use a calculator, creating your formula, troubleshooting, FDA definition of "True Soap"
* June 6/7 - Rebatch Basics - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (three methods of rebatching your soap)
* June 20/21 - Easy Transparent Soap - make your own 'glycerin soap' using old CP scraps. Includes discussion on safety.
* July 11/12 - Advanced Cold Process - Low Temp Soaping, making ungelled soap - the why's and how's answered.
* July 25/26 - Hot Process Methods (crockpot, double boiler, & hybrid Cold process/oven process)
* Aug 8/9 - Advanced Cold Process - Discounted Water Cold Process - includes Safety notes for working with concentrated lye solutions.
* Aug 22/23 - Advanced Cold Process - Milk Soapmaking (goat milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and even cream)
* Sept 5/6 - Advanced Cold Process - Making old fashioned Pine Tar soap easily.
Kelly is REALLY looking forward to having these classes for you!